The Kaitum GT 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. While both the Kaitum and the extended vestibule Kaitum GT were conceived as Ultralight complements to Hilleberg's Keron and Keron GT, the Kaitum models easily stand on their own merits. Both the two- and three-person Kaitum versions and their GT counterparts are ideal for trips where light weight is a higher priority than maximum strength and where extra comfort is important, but where true all-season, all-weather capability is still a necessity. The Kaitum and Kaitum GT's ultralight Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and DAC Featherlite NSL 9 mm poles keeps total weight to a minimum while providing all-condition strength, and the proven two door/two vestibule tunnel tent design also provides outstanding comfort and flexibility. Both are ideal for mobile adventures that involve moving camp frequently, and both are equally well-suited for long and short adventures. The Kaitum and Kaitum GT are outstanding for use in protected terrain in any weather, and both are also easily robust enough to handle use in exposed and/or above tree-line terrain in all but the worst conditions. And both the Kaitum and Kaitum GT are excellent for warm weather endeavors, since the front section of both the standard and the extended vestibules can be completely rolled away for maximum air flow.
Because of their two door/two vestibule configuration and their ultralight materials and construction, the Kaitum and Kaitum GT provide a stunning balance of super light weight, overall comfort and high strength. Backpackers love the Kaitum's light weight and remarkable roominess, as do paddle and bicycle tourers, who also appreciate its small packed size. Hunters, winter campers, and climbers favor the Kaitum because of its all-season strength (and, of course, its low weight). And taller users will find the Kaitum's plentiful floor space, vertical entrances, and vertical walls a roomy pleasure. The Kaitum GT goes one spacious step further with its extended vestibule, and so will appeal to those adventurers - including backpackers, winter campers, hunters, climbers, bicycle or paddle tourers - who want more room and flexibility. Without a big weight increase, the GT versions offer both a regular-sized vestibule, and an extended one, which has two entrances, one on the side and one up front, on the opposite side. Indeed, while in development, the Kaitum GT quickly became the tent of choice for multi-day ski tours, since it offers so much more space for both gear storage and food preparation with such little weight penalty.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Kaitum GT 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a supremely strong yet very lightweight tent
- Pitching requires only four pegs, yet additional peg and guy line points - 14 on the Kaitum and 18 on the Kaitum GT - provide a myriad of options for increasing stability. Remarkably strong Spectra guy lines are attached to each vestibule vent and at two points on all pole sleeves on both sides of the tent
- Both the Kaitum and the Kaitum GT models have impressively spacious interiors, thanks to their generous width, full sitting height in the entire inner tent (and a bit more height in the middle of the tent), the two vertical inner tent entrances, and the tunnel design itself, which creates near-vertical side walls. These tents' inner tent length also makes them our best Ultra light tent for tall users
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options
- One standard and one extended vestibule in the Kaitum GT afford even more gear storage and comfort
- The Kaitum GT's extended vestibule has two entrances, one on the side and the other, up front, on the opposite side, thus providing maximum entry and exit flexibility
- The entire standard vestibule's and/or the front end of the extended GT vestibule can be rolled away for maximum viewing and superb warm weather venting
- The ventilation system in both the Kaitum and Kaitum GT function regardless of the weather conditions, thanks to their integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- Inner tent doors have a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather protection options
- Large vents in each vestibule, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow
- Vestibule vents are backed with no-see-um mesh and adjustable, air permeable snow-proof panels that are accessible from inside the vestibules
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Kaitum GT 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 6 lbs 6 oz / 2.9 kg
- Packed Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz / 3.5 kg
- Inner Height: 40" / 100 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 31 square feet / 2.9 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 25 square feet + 13 square feet / 2.3 square meter + 1.2 square meter
- Pole (9 mm): 2 x 102.4, 2 x 120.1" / 2 x 260, 2 x 305 cm
- Pegs: 22 V-Pegs
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship this product outside of the United States or Canada. Sorry about everything.