The Tarra 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. Both the three person Saivo and two person Tarra are Hilleberg's flagship dome tents. These are outstanding all-around tents for adventures where absolute strength is the highest priority. Their Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles put them among Hilleberg's most robust tents, and their dome design give them great static strength for handling heavy snow loading. Both are ideal for use in exposed and/or above tree line terrain in the most extreme conditions, yet because they are self-supporting and easy to pitch, both the Saivo and Tarra are also equally at home in protected conditions, all year 'round. Their roomy two door/two vestibule configuration, along with their static strength, make them exceptional base camp tents, where the users will leave camp unattended for extended periods of time (the Saivo is often used at the South Pole, and is left unattended for long periods).
Thanks to their construction, the Saivo and Tarra can withstand even the fiercest weather and heaviest snow loads. Their four poles have multiple crossing points - seven in the Saivo and five in the Tarra - creating an amazingly strong structure, yet their short pole sleeve and clip system makes pitching - even by a single person in windy conditions - remarkably easy. Both the Saivo and Tarra are highly popular with mountaineers as base camp tents, and have also found a great deal of loyalty among paddle tourers, who love their roomy, self-supporting design. Desert travelers, long distance ski tourers and polar expedition teams have also found these tents' strength and simplicity welcome, as have backcountry walkers, especially those who enjoy travelling in unruly conditions.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Tarra 2 Person Tent
- Outer tent fabric is Kerlon 1800 and the poles are 10 mm, which make tent very strong and stable
- Offers all season construction tent wall can be extended to ground and mesh area are backed with adjustable fabric panel
- Dome construction with multiple crossing poles points provided excellent stability for snow-load handling capability
- This tent can be use ideally for two persons
- Separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching
- Self supporting dome design requires no pegs for pitching. This tent contains poles system make for quick and easy set up
- Dual entrance tent with single vestibule configuration allows for easy entrance and storage space
- Add an optional footprint covers that will cover the outer tent area including the vestibule. It can directly connect to the tent, and can be attached while pitching
- The complete tents outer or inner tents can be used separately. For the pitching the inner tent alone its require optional pole holders
- Will handle any terrain or weather condition with its ease, comfort, and simplicity
- Ideal for all season and long term use, and in the harshest of environments, from anywhere to open terrain to deserts and heavy snow locations
- Designed to be incredibly durable, so you're more focused on your adventure rather than the fragility of your tent
- Made with heavier duty zippers, the strongest pegs Hilleberg offers, and the most durable inner tent and floor fabrics. The Hercules of tents
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Tarra 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz / 3.5 kg
- Packed Weight: 9 lbs / 4.1 kg
- Inner Height: 42" / 105 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 30.1 square feet / 2.8 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 14 square feet / 2 x 1.3 square meter
- Pole (10 mm): 4 x 146.5" / 4 x 372 cm
- Pegs: 18 Y-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.